![]() |
| *note: this post was taken from my old blog template. and so this post is old. |
hi!// Today is the big Love day, also known in my world as my birthday. Yes I was born on valentine’s day and you know what…I can’t complain. For as long as I can remember people have always asked me the question, “do you like having your birthday on valentine’s day?” with a negative tone of voice. And without hesitation I would reply yes! I mean how can one complain when you have a win, win situation on love day. If I didn’t have a valentine (which i never did), then I would still get presents and love coming my way, and I knew that when the day would come of me actually having a valentine, I would not only be getting birthday presents, but valentine gifts too! And well that is a beautiful thing. Oh sure trying to go out to eat on valentine’s day is a messy situation, but when you have been having your birthday every year on one of the biggest date nights, you grow savy and learn to make dinner reservations months in advance. That was until this year. I finally have a valentine and this has been going on for two years now. He is a doll and I love spending time with him. I’m smitten. Being it our second valentine’s day together, I decided to do something I have never done before, let him make the dinners plans. Eek, I know. And of course last week he tells me that he can’t find anything available. Now I blame this on myself really. i did sort of throw this big birthday/valentine’s day dinner thing on him last second. oops. i know what you’re thinking, “oh no, now they have zero plans for her birthday. Men.” But have no fear, I of course fixed the situation and found a place for a little romantic dinner (which we have actually never really had on vday before)….at least i hope. If everything goes smoothly, I will pat myself on the back and think “man, I saved the day!” Wish us luck (I might need it).
One last splash of thought: love day is great, at least in my book. I have been lucky having it on my birthday, because I have never really seen it as “single awareness day.” Up until now, it has merely been my birthday that everyone chooses to celebrate with me. All going out eating good food, filled with hearts, purples and reds, and my favorite birthday tradition of all, flowers. Now that I have finally found my valentine, I’m starting to celebrate love day a little bit more each year and dare I say it….getting a little giddy and mushy with love on my birthday. All in all this is a great day! I wish you all a happy valentine’s day!!
—>love S

No comments:
Post a Comment